Hevea = Natural Rubber
Huile de palme = Palm Oil
Platine = Platinum
Argent = Silver
Terres Rares = Rare Earth Elements
or put another way…
- more than 50% of the world’s natural rubber comes from two countries – Indonesia and Thailand
- 85% of the world’s palm oil comes from two countries - Malaysia and Indonesia
- 87% of the world’s lithium comes from three countries – Chile, China and Australia (although there are reports that Afghanistan could possibly become the `Saudi Arabia’ of lithium production). Think of what would happen to the anti-depressant industry if half of their populations turned out to be like ours: bipolar.
- 53% of the world’s reserves in copper come from three countries – Chile, Peru and Australia.
- 64% of the world’s cobalt comes from two adjoining African countries – the Congo and Zambia
- 87% of the world’s platinum comes from two countries – South Africa and Russia
- 47% of the world’s silver comes from three countries – Mexico, Peru and China
- 63% of the world’s uranium comes from three countries – Canada, Kazakhstan and Australia.
- 97.3% of all rare earth elements come from one country, China.
Debtocracy - a YouTube program produced in Greece with subtitles in English. Runs an hour and fifteen minutes. Is quite good.